Adventure just out of reach…

It was 75 degrees last Wednesday.  Today looks like this:


I guess this is what a bomb cyclone nor’easter looks like.

Unfortunately, this means that I won’t be able to get out onto my section of the Appalachian Trail  again tomorrow (I maintain a 5-mile stretch here in PA and I need to

Sign on my section of the A.T.

clear debris and re-paint blazes in the worst way).  Between holidays, the trip my wife and I took out to Zion and Death Valley back in December, the move in January, and the weather, I haven’t been able to get out to my section since the beginning of November, and I’m feeling really antsy about it.  I need to get up there really soon, even if it means taking a day off from work to do it.

My wife attempted to start the skoolie today and the engine wouldn’t turn, so that’s a bit of a bummer, too.  We really want to finish it and have it up and running this Spring so that we can travel in it this Summer.  We have designs to live out of it and travel North

Need more of this in our lives! (Zion National Park)

America within the next couple of years, too, so I’m hoping the repair isn’t anything too serious.  It’s well past time to start really living life and experiencing all of the beautiful places this continent has to offer!

While today has been a little frustrating, adventure is on the horizon.  It may keep getting delayed, but I know I’ll grab it by the tail sooner rather than later.  Until then, I’ll just have to be content with looking at photos!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close